When is the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge?
- This year’s event will take place on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
- To see the full schedule of events please go here.
How much is the registration fee for event participants and is there a deadline to register?
- Online registration closes on Thursday, October 18, 2018.
- Onsite registration will be available during packet pickup hours on October 20 and October 21.
- Please go here to view the fees.
Why do we ask for your credit card?
- All participants must pay a non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee, which is separate from any fundraising efforts they may contribute. Personal credit card information will not be used for any other solicitation or expenses. The LIVESTRONG Foundation ensures the confidentiality of all personal and financial information.
Can I withdraw from the event?
- Registered participants that are no longer able to participate in event day may withdraw from the event, but registration fees and donations will remain non-refundable.
Ride & Run Questions
What ride/run options are available for the LIVESTRONG Challenge?
- Participants in this event have the option to complete 20/45/65/100-mile bicycle rides or a 1-mile fun run.
What are the routes?
When does the ride start?
- This year’s ride will begin at 7:30 a.m. on October 21, 2018. The ride is a wave start beginning with Ride for the Roses attendees, followed by 100-mile participants, 65-mile participants, 45-mile participants and closing with 20-mile participants. You must line up in the corral assigned to your ride distance.
When does the one mile fun run start?
- The one mile fun run will begin at 8:15 a.m. CST on October 21, 2018.
Which route should I select?
- We encourage you to register for a route that you feel most comfortable completing. We want you to have fun and really enjoy your weekend with us! Please know that the 20, 45, 65 and 100-mile routes will require significant amounts of training to complete within the required time restrictions.
Can I change my route distance selection after I have submitted my original registration?
Are there cut off times for any of the courses?
- Riders on the 65-mile course must reach mile 18.2 at the crossing of FM 1626 by 9:30 a.m. to stay on course. Any rider not reaching that point will be routed to the 45-mile course.
- Riders on the 100-mile course must reach mile 42.2 at FM 150/FM 2770/CR 136 by 11:00am to stay on course. Any rider not reaching that point will be routed to the 65-mile course.
- There will be no exceptions to these cut-off times. In order to remain on schedule and have major roadways open by 5 p.m. (per agreements with the City of Austin), the course officials will be strictly enforcing these cutoffs.
Will there be rest stops along the way?
- Yes, rest stops will be available to participants along each course route. Stops will include food, water, nuun (electrolyte enhanced hydration) , mechanical support and much more!
Is there a minimum age requirement to ride in the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge?
- In order to participate in the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge, riders/runners must be at least 12 years of age upon registration for the event. All registrants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also participating in the event. Additionally, minors and their parent/guardian must sign a waiver to be eligible to participate.
Can I ride a tandem bicycle in the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge?
- Yes, but each rider must register as an individual participant. Normal bicycle safety and etiquette must be observed. We ask that all participants follow the rules of the road and general safety guidelines that we have posted on the event page here.
Can I ride with my infant or child in appropriate carriers?
- No, infants and children are not allowed to accompany their parents along any course routes. This policy will be enforced for safety reasons.
Can I transfer my registration to a different person if I can no longer participate in the event?
- No, registration is non-transferable. You are not permitted to share your registration materials with another participant under any circumstances.
Do I have to wear a helmet or other safety gear during the ride?
- Yes, only riders wearing a helmet will be allowed on the course. We will provide emergency medical staff/supplies along course routes should it be needed, but we ask that participants follow our safety guidelines to create the most positive environment for all involved.
I want to participate. Are there fundraising requirements?
- While the majority of Team LIVESTRONG events do have fundraising requirements, the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge does not have a fundraising minimum. However, we do encourage all of our participants to fundraise and support our mission!
- When you register, a fundraising center will automatically be created for you. Simply click log in at the top of the page. Use your email and password (you will create a password after you register) to log on and start fundraising! Start by asking your network of friends and family to support you at this event. You’ll be surprised how easy it is! Here are some tools to help kick start your fundraising.
- Every dollar that is raised this year will directly benefit the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes at the Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin. For 20 years we’ve been changing cancer care in Austin and beyond, and we’re excited to be able to reach even more survivors through the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes. The Institutes will radically improve people’s cancer experience and quality of life; revolutionize how we treat cancer; and reinvent the way cancer patients are cared for.
- To read about the full details of the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes, you can go here.
What are some good ways to successfully reach my personal fundraising goals?
- Be sure to check out our tips and tools section. As well, when you login to your fundraising center, you'll see documents with fundraising ideas, tools to reach out for financial support, email templates and much more! This is your chance to get creative, so feel free to use your own ideas as well!
Are there any fundraising incentives for the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge?
- In order to be eligible for the fundraising incentives, you must complete your fundraising by Saturday, October 20, at 9:00 a.m. CST. To receive your incentives during packet pickup, you must have the appropriate funds in your account. You may submit any cash or check donations at packet pickup, or make a personal donation by credit card.
What is a virtual participant?
- The virtual participant classification gives someone the opportunity to contribute fundraising efforts to the Foundation without having to physically participate in the event. If you cannot attend the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge, but still wish to pursue fundraising efforts to benefit the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes at the Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, go here and sign up as a virtual participant to get started!
- Virtual participants can register for free at any time.
What is Ride for the Roses?
- Ride for the Roses is a long-standing LIVESTRONG tradition that celebrates our most dedicated fundraisers. Held in conjunction with The LIVESTRONG Challenge, the twentieth annual Ride for the Roses will offer top fundraisers the opportunity to meet each other, LIVESTRONG staff and board members at unique, invitation-only events.
- As a Ride for the Roses invitee, you will receive a Ride for the Roses jacket, jersey, shirt, ground transportation to events LIVESTRONG Challenge weekend, ticket to fundraising appreciation dinner for you and a guest and much more! Be sure to check out the qualification levels and incentives for Ride for the Roses.
How do I make an online donation?
- If you are participating in the event, you can make a donation to your personal participation center (click log in at the top of the page). If you are looking to donate to a different individual’s fundraising goals, please donate via the links on their respective fundraising center.
How do I submit a check donation?
- Anyone wishing to make a donation in this form should send the check and completed donation form to the address below.
PO Box 6070
Austin, TX 78762
Why do you ask for so much donor information?
- The information we collect is needed to keep accurate records of donation history, as well as to provide appropriate tax information, if needed. The LIVESTRONG Foundation ensures its constituents that the confidentiality of their personal information is of the highest priority to us.
Is my donation tax deductible, and if so, when will I receive my tax receipt?
- All donations are 100% tax deductible in the United States, unless the donor received goods and/or services in exchange for all or a portion of his/her donation, such as through an auction or other fundraiser. For foreign donors, please refer to your local tax laws to determine if your donation to the 2018 LIVESTRONG Challenge is tax deductible.
- Donors that make a gift via check will receive a tax receipt in the mail once the gift has been processed.
Is the LIVESTRONG Foundation a 501(c)(3)?
- Yes, LIVESTRONG is a 501(c)(3). If you would like more information regarding our status, please contact our office directly.
Does LIVESTRONG participate in gift matching programs?
Personal Fundraising Page Questions
After I’ve registered, is it possible to make edits to my personal fundraising page?
- Yes, anyone with a participant center can make changes to their personal fundraising page at any time. To do so, simply visit your personal fundraising center by clicking on log in at the top of the LivestrongChallenge.org page and follow the prompts that appear after clicking the yellow “edit page” button.
I’m having trouble uploading my profile picture for my personal fundraising page. What is wrong?
- When uploading a picture, make sure that the file is in the correct format. JPEG and GIF image files are typically the most compatible.
How do I change my personal login password for my Team LIVESTRONG participant center?
- Your personal password can be changed at any time by visiting the Team LIVESTRONG website. Once on the homepage, simply place your cursor over the profile picture that appears on the top right-hand side of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear giving you the option to change your password. This is another easy way to edit other aspects of your participant profile.